Ahava Village History

In 1938, with the Holocaust imminent, Ahava, formerly an orphanage in Berlin, was moved to Israel. The shelter came to mean the difference between survival and destruction for the last group of 50 European children who had legal papers for entrance to Palestine.

Since then, Ahava has become synonymous with safety and refuge for children in need. It has cared for the young survivors of the Holocaust, refugees, and children of families suffering war casualties. Currently Ahava tends mainly to children who have been stung by war, terror, violence, abuse, crime and/or addiction. Its goal of saving children and giving them the wherewithal to overcome has never wavered in its more than 75 years of existence.

 

Ahava means ‘love' in Hebrew.

 

Additional Info and Latest News
Funding Opportunities
Gallery of Ahava Artwork!
Interviews
Videos
For more information about our educational, social and fundraising events, please check our
Regional Events:
Northeast
Southeast
Texas
Western
and our
National Events
pages.