Bnai Zion Israel Mission Gallery
100th Anniversary Mission to Israel
Our 100th Anniversary Mission to Israel was a tremendous success and the opportunity to bring over half a million dollars to Bnai Zion projects there.
Two momentous occasions were celebrated as well: the dedication of the Mel Parness Pediatric Surgery Department at the Bnai Zion Medical Center, and the Groundbreaking Ceremony for the new George W. Schaeffer Music Conservatory at Ma’aleh Adumim, made possible by the generosity of Bnai Zion’s national president. At Ma’aleh Adumim the foundation for the Conservatory was inaugurated by George, who ceremonially threw in the first mound of dirt for the site’s construction.
Mission participants toured Bnai Zion’s previous and current projects, as well as many other cultural and archaeological locations, and enjoyed very comprehensive commentary provided by our guide, Ronit Nachman. Whether a first-timer or repeat visitor to Israel, everyone had a wonderful and meaningful stay and returned most enthusiastic about Bnai Zion and interested in helping to further our work.
Participants embarking on the first day of the mission
- Touring Ahava Village for Children & Youth
- The First Evening at the Hotel
- Exploring the Museum of Clandestine Immigration
- The Dedication of the Mel Parness Pediatric Surgery Department at the
- George W. Schaeffer’s generosity in providing new incubators for the Neonatal Department helps challenged newborns survive and progress to well-being.
- Mission participants tour the Emergency Room and hear from Dr. Michael Kafka,
- Having a great time on the mission...
- Touring the Quittman Center at Israel Elwyn
- The Groundbreaking Ceremony of the George W. Schaeffer Music Conservatory at
- Exploring the David Yellin College of Education and their Animal Therapy Department – and their most popular pet, an iguana!
- The group hearing an explanation at the Begin Center.
- Learning about the Armored Corps Museum at Latrun, dedicated to the memory of fallen members of the Armored Corps.
- Celebrating Israel’s 60 years and Bnai Zion ’s 100 at Independence Hall, where mission participants signed a declaration in honor of Bnai Zion's centennial.
- A sunset tour of Kfar Bnai Zion – a previous BZ project – was followed by a beautiful outdoor dinner that was appreciated by all.
- At the auditorium at Bet Hatefusot (the Diaspora Museum) – established by Bnai Zion –
- The group at the Artists Colony Ein Hod.
Bnai Zion Medical Center
Head ofEmergency Services, about the role of the hospital during the
Second Lebanon War in 2006.
Natan Sharansky was the guest speaker. It was also the occasion for the unveiling of a plaque in memory of mission participant Helen Fox’s husband.